Paleo Cupcake/ Lamingtons/Cake Recipe
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
175grams Cassava Flour
1 vanilla bean or a teaspoon of pure vanilla essence
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of himalayan sea salt (optional)
60 grams of ghee or grass fed butter
2 large eggs
1/3 cup of coconut yogurt or greek yogurt
2/3 cup of milk of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees
2. In a bowl of a mixer add coconut sugar (I like to place the coconut sugar into a Thermomix or blender to grind it finer, but not essential) add the seeds from the vanilla bean and mix with the back of a spoon. If using vanilla essence you can skip this step and add the essence when you add the milk.
3. Add Ottos Cassava Flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine till mixed throughly.
4. Add ghee or butter and mix on medium speed till it resembles bread crumbs.
5. Add eggs, coconut yogurt (or greek yogurt)
6. Mix on slow speed and slowly add milk and essence (if using)
7. mix until smooth, scrap down sides with a spatula if needed.
8. Fill cupcake patties to 3/4 full and bake for 15 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
***If making Lamingtons place in a brownie tray and bake for 25 mins. Once cold slice into squares and ice and coat in desiccated coconut.
Chocolate Paleo Icing
1/2 cup coconut oil, liquid
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup cacao
1/4 cup coconut milk
Add all ingredients into a mixer and blend till smooth.
For thermomix, place in the butterfly and add all ingredients, 1min/sp 4, check if all is incorporated, repeat if necessary.